Thursday, March 11, 2021

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

Ever wonder if they make vegan condoms for people who want to be extra careful about never consuming animal protein? Yeah - me neither... I do wonder how many people see the title of the Oliver Sacks book The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat and think the book is about the Biden Administration... Years ago I saw a bumper sticker that said "Cristo Me Salvo" (Christ Saved Me) but problem was my brain read it as "Cristo Me Starvo" which of course my brain translated as "Christ I'm hungry." So of course now I say that whenever I want something to eat... HBO (or someone) really should do a mini-series on the exploits of "Mad" Jack Churchill... If you saw a video of Joe Biden asking, "Would you eat the moon if it were made of ribs?" would you assume it was a Deep-Fake video or would you assume it was real? That's where we are in this country right now... May be silly but this was one of my favorite Red Sox memories of all-time...  

No comments:

Post a Comment