Monday, March 29, 2021

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

Enjoying the new Marvel series The Falcon and the Winter Soldier but one small thing keeps bothering me. It's a super hero series so you're supposed to suspend disbelief going in but all of the action seems to happen outside the US and I keep asking myself, "Why are we interfering in this foreign country?"  I mean we even had "agents" outside a Swiss bank that was being robbed. Pretty sure the Swiss didn't authorize us to be on their sovereign soil... This made me laugh. We live in the crazy years... Prior to the US invasion of Iraq - UNICEF had estimated that between the UN sanctions that created shortages and the outright brutality and cruelty of Saddam Hussein - roughly 5,000 Iraqi babies (children under 5-years of age) died or were killed every month. That's 60,000 plus children every year that were saved by our actions... You may seriously need to update your iPhone right away... Heh heh - now even Lindsey Graham is making the Baghdad Bob on the Southern border comparisons. I just might have been first in this trend... 

No comments:

Post a Comment