Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Linky Links

Stuff I found interesting or amusing and thought I'd share.

- What has Covid-19 taught us about remote work?

- How simple ideas lead to scientific discoveries

- Vaping innovation and its enemies

- Inflammation and insulin resistance. Can high dose aspirin in Type II diabetics significantly drop blood glucose after just 2-weeks? Looks like the answer is "YES" (article from 14-years ago but has not been refuted)

- The year without the flu. Cynics could say that there was "no flu" because all flu cases were counted as Covid-19 cases.

- Washington Post correction points to larger issue with agenda-driven anonymous sources. Still say one way to help correct this is to require social media to label any stories with anonymous sources as "Potentially Fake News" - no matter the media outlet that originates them.

2 comments:

  1. Re aspirin and T2D...excess aspirin can damage kidneys and liver and cause internal bleeding. I would think since that article someone would have come up with a modified solution (or those of us T2D might finally work harder at losing weight.) But, I'm also imagining all those Pharmaceutical companies screaming about how many billions of dollars they would lose if people didn't need insulin and its accoutrements.
    I switched to Metformin with many positive results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have TD2 and am trying to wean myself off of Metformin. Currently blood sugar between 120-160. Exercise and diet mainly but recently I started doing krill oil omega 3 and MCT oil in my morning coffee and its made a difference.

    ReplyDelete