Tuesday, June 21, 2022

David Zucker

And this whole idea of being loyal to a party — you know, generationally it probably shouldn’t stay the same. A lot of Democrats still think they’re voting for JFK, or Roosevelt, or Truman, but the party has changed so much. They don’t realize it. It’s a lot like the traffic in LA. In 1972 it was bad, and now it’s a lot worse, but I didn’t really notice the change because it happened so gradually.

The same thing is true for the Democrats. I don’t think people realize how much they’ve changed and what they really stand for now. It’s run by the far-out nutcases. I still consider myself a JFK Democrat. Strong defense and lower taxes. That’s what Kennedy stood for, and that’s what Bush wants, so if I have to be a Republican, I’ll swallow hard and be a Republican. - David Zucker

The above quote is more than 15-years old. I can only imagine what the creative force behind such comedy classics as Airplane!, The Naked Gun, and Top Secret! among others feels about how far the Democratic Party has moved away from JFK today.

No comments:

Post a Comment