Wednesday, January 12, 2005

CQ's World Relief Day - I'm Keeping this Post at the Top - Scroll Down for New Stuff

Ed Morrisey at Captain Quarter's has mobilized the blog troops to make January 12th an international day of giving across the blogosphere. The charity of choice to aid the tsunami victims is World Vision.

My family has donated via our church and via the American Red Cross but I want to assist here as well. This is where you the readers of this humble blog come in.

About three months ago I added the Google ads you see at the top of the page. At times they have been humorous (I particularly thought it funny to see ads for Wade Boggs and Derek Jeter autographs on my site) but the ads really don't pay much. I've had the ads up over 3 months and I've only got $66 in my account and Google doesn't pay until the account reaches $100.

What I'm simply asking you to do is click one of the Google ads. That's all you have to do. Every click adds to my account. Let's drive the account up over $100 and I'll donate that to World Vision. Every $100 helps and all it takes is a click of the mouse on your end. (Note: the Amazon book ads are different - you have to buy a book for any money to be added to my account which is up to a whopping $9.22. So feel free to buy a book to help me with my reading habits - the books I links to are the ones on my wish list but you can buy anything via the links and I get some credit.)

If you have a blog - link to this post and ask you readers to click the ads. If you have Google ads - think about maybe doing the same thing.

Also - if you are the sort of person who prays. Please pray for my friend Mike Ganis. He's 75 and he flew over to volunteer to help out in Malaysia.

EDIT: 7:00 am and the account is already up to $80. I'm going to nail this post up to the top to make sure people see it first. Welcome to all the folks from Captain's Quarters

UPDATE: 7:15 PM and the account is up to $87.25. Please keep clicking the ads.

No comments:

Post a Comment