Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Robert Novak's Source for the "Plame Leak"

This is very funny (at least to me):
In my sworn testimony, I said what I have contended in my columns and on television: Joe Wilson's wife's role in instituting her husband's mission was revealed to me in the middle of a long interview with an official who I have previously said was not a political gunslinger. After the federal investigation was announced, he told me through a third party that the disclosure was inadvertent on his part.

Following my interview with the primary source, I sought out the second administration official and the CIA spokesman for confirmation.

I learned Valerie Plame's name from Joe Wilson's entry in Who's Who in America.
This whole affair has a certain John Le Carre, Tailor of Panama feel to it. If it was ever made into a movie - that movie would have to be a comedy (of errors).

No comments:

Post a Comment