Monday, August 07, 2006

Barnyard

I took the youngest two to see Barnyard last night and they really enjoyed the movie. Me? Not so much.

Why did I dislike Barnyard? Let me count the ways:

- I did not realize that Kevin James was the voice of the main cow until the credits rolled. Now I can no longer honestly say that I never paid good money to see a movie starring Kevin James. I feel dirty.

- Even the male cows had udders. What's up with that?

- Wanda Sykes was in the movie as the voice of Bessie the Cow. I cannot decide if Wanda Sykes or Chris Kattan is the most annoying person in Hollywood (its damn close).

- The whole movie was pussified. When the coyotes attacked there was no blood (even though they basically ripped Ben the Cow to shreds). We had to be told that the farmer was a vegan so that no kids would be worried about the cows being turned into steaks. And did I mention that even the male cows had udders?

Not one of the better kid movies in recent time but the kids enjoyed it for a couple of hours (which kinda bothers me a bit).

No comments:

Post a Comment