Thursday, February 08, 2007

Nick Nolte

Today is Nick Nolte's 66th birthday and normally I would do a top 5 for a guy like Nolte but the thing is - I really don't like Nick Nolte all that much. It would be tough to come up with a good 5 Nolte movies that I liked. Sure 48 Hours and North Dallas Forty would be in the top 2 and Another 48 Hours, Down and Out in Beverly Hills and The Deep would probably round out the list but there's nothing really special about any of those last three movies (except Jacqueline Bissett in a wet T-shirt in The Deep). For a guy who likes to think of himself as an artist actor - he always just ends up playing Nick Nolte. He's like a cartoon character.

I guess why I'm bitter about Nolte is because of the movie Cannery Row. The book by Steinbeck is one of my favorites and Nolte would have been perfect in the role of Mack but instead he was cast (I should say "miscast") as Doc which was completely wrong and Nolte if he had half a brain should have realized that.

No comments:

Post a Comment