Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Kinks to Reunite

Good news - the original members of the Kinks may reunite for a concert tour in 2008. I've long held that the Kinks were perhaps the most under-rated band in rock history. They have so many hits - its tough to pick your favorites. However, here's my picks on the top 5 Kinks songs from last February.

I last saw the Kinks back in 1983. Seeing them was part of one of the greatest weekends of my life.

It was my junior year in high school and my friend Sean's parents were away. I was staying at Sean's house for the weekend. Friday night we had a small party at Sean's house. Saturday afternoon we had a cookout in his backyard with more friends over. That night I went to see the Kinks with my friends Paul, Tim and Tim's girlfriend Erin. It was a great concert. On Sunday night I went to see Bob Seger with Sean and his sister Lynn. Like I said - it was a great weekend all the way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment