Thursday, May 13, 2010

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

Last night the Penguins lost their game 7 tilt against the Canadians. Not a good way to end the history of the Igloo. I have fond memories of the Igloo. I saw a Penguins game there (completely forget who they played) and I also saw Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band play there. Both events were last minute deals where I just happened to be traveling for work and staying at the Marriott across the street. Fond memories... Speaking of travel - I'm in Syracuse and I'm pissed at myself. I love going to minor league baseball games in different towns and cities and last night I missed a great opportunity to see phenom Stephen Strasburg pitch for the Syracuse Chiefs. Pissed at myself I am... So the Red Sox have had Bruce Springsteen, Jimmy Buffett, The Rolling Stones and The Dave Matthews Band play at Fenway. Meanwhile the Yankees just announced that Jay-Z and Eminem will play at the New Yankee Stadium. I think that explains much about the difference between the two team's fan bases... Who knew? The last battle of the Civil War - the Battle of Palmito Ranch - was a Confederate victory... Note to LeBron James - you haven't won anything in your career and unless you change your mindset you never will... Can you believe that Harvey Keitel turned 71 today? The movie City of Industry is one of his more underrated movies...

No comments:

Post a Comment