Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Peter Thiel on the Dangers of Progress

I'm a fan of Peter Thiel so I found this "interview" to be of interest. I put "interview" in scare quotes because the author inserts her opinions plus the article is a bit lengthy (not sure if the author was paid by the word but she sure seemed determined to mix in a lot of academic word salad as if to prove her own intelligence and bona fides). A simple transcript may have been more enjoyable.

That being said - I did learn some interesting nuggets. For example I was not aware that Blake Masters, the co-author of Zero to One (which I recommend), is running for the Senate in Arizona. If I lived in Arizona I'd vote for him just on the strength of the book. Also, I was aware of the Thiel Fellowship which gives young people $100,000 a year to drop out of college to work on big ideas but I did not know that Vitalik Buterin, the co-founder of Ethereum, was a fellowship winner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment