Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Jennie Finch Naked

Miscellaneous thoughts under a miscellaneous post title...

If I ran the PA system at Fenway - I would play Helen Reddy's Angie Baby whenever Derek Lowe pitched - just because I could... Maybe instead of Angie Baby I would play Marie Osmond's Paper Roses for Lowe - again just because... Wait, wait - let's make it Debbie Boone's You Light Up My Scoreboard (I mean Life)... Even better - how about the Commodores (I'm) Easy?... Am I being a little harsh on Derek Lowe? Yeah probably but he decided on leaving the Red Sox the minute he picked Scott Boras as an agent and his turning down the Red Sox offer of 3-years $27 million was both plain stupid on his part and a slap in the face of the Red Sox fans. The truth of the matter is that the Red Sox would have been better served with Frank Castillo so far this year than with Lowe. Wrap your head around that fact and then you can start to undersand my frustration. Derek Lowe makes me long for the days of John Burkett - how's that for a cold slap of reality?

No comments:

Post a Comment