Wednesday, July 21, 2004

San Diego

Yesterday was a very long day. Woke up at 3:00 am to be at the airport at 5:00 am to catch a 6:00 am flight. Yup - long day.

Everytime I fly I always wonder why a plane "takes off" but a rocket "lifts off".  They are both achieving separation from the Earth. Both are becoming airborne. I guess it's just one of those things.

Anyway, while seated at my window seat waiting for the people sitting next to me to board - I began to think, "Wouldn't it be funny to ask them if they had body lice when they sat down?" And when they answered "No" - then I could say "Me too" but start vigorously scratching my head as if to remove grains of sand or something. I thought that would be funny but I didn't act on it. (In case you are curious my "row mates" ended up being two older women who took naps and talked between themselves about their grandchildren the whole flight.)

The in-flight movie ended up being 50 First Dates with Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore. It was actually a much better movie than I expected. I expected loads of stupidity but the silliness was pretty much isolated to anytime Rob Schneider was on screen. I would recommend the movie as a rental for when you and your hunny want to cuddle up and watch a flick.

Out here in San Diego the weather is excellent but since I'm here for work - I really won't get to enjoy it. The Padres are at home but I won't be able to catch Petco Park this time around and today is the start of racing at Del Mar but since they don't race at night - no betting on the ponies for me.

Probably the coolest thing so far was sitting outside in the hotel jaccuzzi while fighter jets from nearby Miramar Air Force Base (where they filmed Top Gun)  scream through the sky.

Well that's about it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment