Saturday, July 24, 2004

Miscellaneous Baseball Thoughts

I watched a grand total of about 2-innings of the Red Sox this week (although I did catch about 6 innings of Padre baseball) - so I have some stuff to say but it could be dated for all I know... I hope the Red Sox have no interest in Kris Benson. He's a stiff with a real good looking wife and not worth any prospects (but did  mention the good looking wife?)... Bob Nightengale of USA Today's Sports Weekly reported that the Red Sox turned down a trade of Derek Lowe for Brian Lawrence and Xavier Nady. I hope this isn't true because I would have made that deal in a heartbeat. The old Derek Lowe ain't coming back and Lawrence has the potential to be a big innings eating pitcher plus Nady is the kind of prospect you can use to make other trades. Again - I would have made that deal in a second... Isn't July great? You have the 4th of July, the baseball All-Star Game and it is both American Beer Month and National Hot Dog Month. I love July.... Ramiro Mendoza got his first win of the year and it was against the Yankees. The odds of that happening had to be bigger than the odds of winning Powerball...  

No comments:

Post a Comment