Tuesday, July 13, 2004

SJ.com Still Down

Sports journalism held hostage day 7.

I have been clicking the link to SportsJournalists.com a few times a day ever since the site went down. Everytime I do there is a brief hope that I will get the main page to SJ.com but instead I get the overwhelming whiteness of the "page suspended" announcement.

I know that technically the heading says "The page cannot be found" but if you look up at the url address you see the word "suspended". It seems no different from calling a number that is "temporarily unavailable" because the phone company turned it off due to non-payment.

Webby's sig line always read "Click an ad". Not sure about you but I never did. I mean fuck the University of Phoenix. Now I kinda wish I did click an ad at least once and a while. Webby made no bones about it. Clicking an ad is how he could generate some money for the site. Still I never clicked an ad. Now I feel guilty about it.

Maybe when the site gets back up and running Webby can share the math of what it takes to keep the site up. Maybe we can figure out how many times we would have to "click an ad" to pay the bills. Maybe a PayPal button can be added. Maybe.

That's assuming that the site does come back. I mean - I assumed that OK it's down for the weekend because it's the weekend. But then it didn't come back on Monday. If it doesn't come back today - is it time to start worrying that it won't be back?

No comments:

Post a Comment