Saturday, July 24, 2004

San Diego II

Sorry for the lack of posts but it's been kinda hectic. I think I left off on Wednesday morning so how about if I take it from there?

Not sure if you realized it but Wednesday July 21st would have been Ernest Hemingway's 105th birthday. When I think if of Hemingway - I think of Margarita's (after thinking about several other things first - however thinking of Margarita's furthers this particular tale). Hemingway, Margaritas, San Diego - that can only mean one thing - Casa de Bandini.

I had only heard of Casa de Bandini before Wednesday night. My buddy Tim had found the place at the end of Old Town in San Diego when he was in town to watch the Holy Cross Crusaders take on U Cal San Diego in football last fall.  The food was good and Tim told me that the Margaritas were not only excellent - they were huge!

Well on Wednesday night I found out Tim was right. The food was excellent and the margaritas were enormous. Bigger than a Scorpion Bowl at a Chinese restaurant (and those are meant for two people).  After two of them I was feeling pretty good.

Sorry that there isn't much more to report on San Diego but since the time I landed in San Diego late Tuesday morning till I caught the red-eye back on Thursday night I spent about 28 hours in the office not counting doing emails from the hotel or dining with co-workers.  The only other thing I may add would be the opinion that Karl Strauss is the best beer in San Diego (although I haven't tried all the local stuff).


No comments:

Post a Comment