Tuesday, September 07, 2021

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

I've made this observation before but I'm dubious that the Chinese economy is as robust as some may believe. Economic growth requires innovation and innovation requires freedom. With the crackdowns on freedom (see Jack Ma or all of Hong Kong) will also come a drastic reduction in innovation (you can only steal so much intellectual technology property). There is also an aging population and not enough children. If I had a company doing business with China - I'd be getting my capital out of the country... Still blows my mind that this is a real photo... A person at age 20 should read the top 50 classic novels of all-time and repeat the exercise every 10 years for the rest of their life... Not sure if there's any truth to the rumor that Holy Cross is trying to schedule UConn as next year's homecoming opponent... Michael K. Williams, Omar from The Wire, found dead of an overdose at age 54. Way too young... 

No comments:

Post a Comment