Friday, June 03, 2005

Cordless Broom

You've probably noticed the books I have advertised at the top of the blog. Well those advertisements are via Amazon.com and I get a very small commission for anything someone buys from Amazon. So far I've made about $25 from Amazon in commissions which isn't much but every time someone purchases something via the links I am very thankful.

The links bring you to that item advertised but you can also purchase just about anything via the links and if you get to Amazon via my links I get a commission.

Anyway...

Periodically Amazon will send an email out to folks who advertise stuff like I do. The email will have information on some items Amazon is running specials on. Well one of the items struck me as kinda funny.

The item was a cordless broom. "Cordless broom" I thought? I can never recall ever seeing a bloom that was corded. An electric broom? Sounds like a country music dance - like The Electric Slide. What's next - a cordless rake? A power spoon? A cordless fork?

I was curious - so I clicked on the link for the "cordless broom". Correct me if I'm wrong but what they call a "cordless broom" is actually a leaf blower (or blower for short). (It's actually a very good deal for the leaf blower.)

Now I'm even more curious. Why change the name? It sounds as dumb as changing "tug of war" to "tug of peace". Then it hit me! Blower! Naughty word perhaps? If you do an image search for "leaf blower" - this is one of the hits that come up.

I'm still not sure why they call it a "cordless broom" instead of a "leaf blower" but I thought the excercise I went through to try and find out was worth sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment