Monday, June 20, 2005

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

I went to a wedding last night and at the reception instead of a guestbook - they had a photo of the couple centered in a large frame surrounded by a white area for the guests to sign their names and best wishes. I thought this was a great idea and I also thought the guy who signed Luca Brazi style "May your first child be a masculine child" was genius... I didn't see a minute of last night's NBA Finals game and I didn't miss it at all. In fact I didn't even know who won till just a couple of minutes ago. When the NBA starts losing the interest of fans like me - then they are in more trouble than they know... I've seen some people mention Arizona as a team that would be interested in trading for Jay Payton but is Payton really an upgrade over Jose Cruz Jr.?... Is Lance Niekro the NL Rookie of the Year or is it Admiral Halsey?... With Niekro doing so good at first for the Giants - do the Giants try to trade JT Snow to a contender? It would save the Giants some cash but Snow is a 10/5 guy and could veto any trade... Time for a Jeromy Burnitz vs. Sammy Sosa update:

Burnitz - .291 BA / 12 HR / 41 RBI / .340 OBP / .504 SLG
Sosa - .262 BA / 9 HR / 26 RBI / .330 OBP / .462 SLG

I said it at the time Burnitz signed with the Cubs that he'd be more productive than Sammy in 2005 and some of you Cubs fans doubted me (nay mocked me!)...

No comments:

Post a Comment