Saturday, June 18, 2005

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

I saw Batman Begins last night and it was everything I hoped it would be. This movie is 10 times the movie that the Michael Keaton / Jack Nicholson movie was. I can't wait for the next installment... I saw a blog that proposed that the Chicago Cubs and Tampa Bay Devil Rays trade managers. I'd link to it if I could recall where I saw the idea. After thinking about it for a while - I don't think Dusty would be the best thing for the young Devil Ray pitchers... This is a worthy cause and a good use of the Internet. Please read it and if you have a blog - please link to it on your blog.... Over the last 7 days - Manny Ramirez has hit .360 (9/25) with 3 HR and 8 RBI. I think Manny will be fine and that the adjustments he needed to make at the plate have been made. Sorry Lyford but I think you fell trap to the too small sample size (said by the guy who just used the sample size of 7 days as an example)... I think it is grand that some people have started calling Senator Dick Durban - "Senator Dick".... 190 years ago today - Napoleon was defeated at Waterloo by the Duke of Wellington. This event has lead to a string of defeats by the French military who hasn't won anything of note since Napoleon defeated the Prussians in 1815. No truth to the rumor that Dan Shaughnessey is working on a "Curse of the Short General" book...

No comments:

Post a Comment