Monday, April 09, 2007

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

The economy continues to be very strong with 180,000 jobs added in March and unemployment down to a six-year low of 4.4%. Funny how you don't seem to be reading anything about how good the economy is going in the MSM.... I've been trying to keep an open mind in regard to JD Drew and I must say so far I'm impressed. In the first series he made a running catch in the outfield that maybe only Coco Crisp could also make. Against Texas - he scored from first on a hit from Varitek. On that play he ran like the wind and scored standing up. Nobody on the team could have made it look that easy. Add in the fact that so far this season Drew is hitting .391 and there's not much not to be happy with. If you did want to nitpick - I'd say it would be nice if he cut down on his strikeouts (he's tied for the team lead with David Ortiz with 6) and it would also be nice to see a HR... I've been saying this for a long time. If you have Scott Podsednik on your fantasy team - the question I'd like to ask is why?... Colin Cowherd is just plain awful. When I'm traveling - sports talk radio is the first thing I search out on the car radio. However, if I hear Cowherd on the speakers - then I make note of the station so I can come back to it after Cowherd's show is over and I listen to music instead. This column sums up how much of a jerk Cowherd can be. But it does touch how bad Cowherd is to listen to...

No comments:

Post a Comment