Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Colts vs. Saints

The NFL regular season opens up tomorrow night with the New Orleans Saints at the Indianapolis Colts and for many people that will mean the first bet of the season.

The line this morning stands at Colts -6.5 and the over under is set at 53.5 (after opening the week at 51). According to Sports.com - 78% of the money is being bet on the Colts and 80% of the over/under money bet is going towards the over. This makes me a little nervous because I too like Indy and the over but I don't want to be a sheep and just follow the crowd.

I like the over because I don't think either team has the defense needed to stop the high powered offenses they will find on the other side of the ball. I don't expect many punts in this game. However, at 53.5 even a score like 31-21 goes under. What to do?

I think Indy will win the game but it could be the type of high scoring game that goes to overtime and is settled by a field goal. What to do?

Maye the best advice is to go with your first gut instinct - so I may just stick with my original pick of Indy plus the over (unless the lines keep going up).

No comments:

Post a Comment