Sunday, July 11, 2010

Micky Arison

Everyone in the sports world knows who Cleveland Cavaliers Dan Gilbert is now after his Comic Sans screed against LeBron James. It occurred to me today that I didn't know who owned the Miami Heat. The answer to that question of course is Micky Arison the son of Carnival Cruiselines founder Ted Arison.

I came across this hit piece on Micky Arison that was pretty interesting.

Just a few comments; first I can't really blame Ted Arison for trying to evade the death taxes in this country. I believe them to be excessive. Parents work hard so that their children can have a better life - not so the government can squander their live's work via exorbitant taxes. Second - I do not doubt that sexual assaults occur on board Carnival Cruiselines. And in no way do I condone that behavior. It's just that I'm not naive enough to not know that there is a sordid underbelly to the hedonistic lifestyle Carnival promotes. Personally I wouldn't even go on a Carnival cruise if it was given to me free.

In short - I'm no closer to knowing the owner of the Miami Heat than I was when I awoke this morning. At least now I know his name though.

No comments:

Post a Comment