Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

Yesterday 1.5 million people turned out in Boston for the Patriots Super Bowl victory parade. I was not one of them. I went to the first Patriots' parade in 2002 but it was so cold that I watched most of the parade go by from inside a bar. Never went to another... I see this Julian Edelman t-shirt and all I can think of it Edelman's story would make a good "Santa: the Early Years" movie... Holy crap! Man is attacked by mountain lion - man kills mountain lion WITH HIS BARE HANDS! He choked the beast to death. Dana White should sign this guy up for the UFC!... Non-Recurring Phenomenon would be a good name for a movie studio (and a nice tribute to William Goldman),,,  "Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist." - Pablo Picasso... Fighting a big cat on land is terrifying but after seeing these photos I'm thinking fighting one in the water might be even worse... Anthony Davis' dad says he doesn't want his son traded to Boston because the Celtics aren't loyal - pointing to their trade of Isaiah Thomas. Ten years ago Anthony Davis' dad would have used the excuse that he didn't want his son traded to the Celtics because Boston is a racist city. So I guess that's progress?...

No comments:

Post a Comment