Thursday, May 23, 2019

The Anti-Howard Zinn American History

I've seen a number of sites (like Cultural Offering) mention a new book by historian Wilfred McClay Land of Hope: An Invitation to the Great American Story. The book is positioned as a counterpoint to Howard Zinn's awful A People's History of the United States.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that I think the a great counterpoint to Zinn's crap has already been written - A Patriot's History of the United States by Larry Schweikart and Michael Allen. The scholarship, facts and writing of this book are all topnotch and I'd heartily recommend it to anyone interested in the true history of the founding and growth of our nation.

Schweikart also collaborated with Dave Dougherty on A Patriot's History of the Modern World - a book I also recommend.

Meanwhile I'm going to put Land of Hope on my Wish List.

No comments:

Post a Comment