Thursday, January 16, 2020

Watchmen

Recently completed watching viewing the HBO series Watchmen and I really enjoyed it. Then again I started off as a fan of the Alan Moore graphic novel and to a lesser degree the 2009 movie adaptation by Zach Snyder.

My girlfriend, not familiar with either the graphic novel or the 2009 movie, dropped out from watching after 2 episodes. Just too much information is assumed to be known by the viewer and without that knowledge the series could seem disjointed and weird.

Also understand that Alan Moore was not exactly best pleased with the re-imagining of his universe. Then again I think it would be bigger news if the curmudgeonly Alan Moore actually praised something.

Anyway - I give it two thumbs up. (Although not sure how they'll manage a second season based upon the ending of this one.)

No comments:

Post a Comment