Tuesday, April 11, 2023

ChatGPT Dr. in Your Pocket

IBM originally had big plans for Deep Blue being used in medical practice. Diagnosing ailments was supposed to pay the bills while playing chess and beating Garry Kasparov was what it did for PR.

Problem is IBM couldn't get it to work in a real clinical setting despite pouring millions into it. But now with ChatGPT4 and other AI's could the Smart Doctor on your Smartphone be a reality? Some people say we're really close.

To me this issue is trust. You could have an AI crawling all the medical journals for the latest studies but the problem is most studies are crap. Flawed methodologies, biased funding, and other issues plague medical papers. What I'd like is to have a list of trusted medical sources where the AI uses their direct words from podcasts and speeches as well as their direct writings to form a database of recommendations.

For example I would trust Peter Attia, Andrew Huberman, and Rhonda Patrick. If they had spoken or written about my medical question - then my pocket Dr. Mario tells me their recommendations. My blood work and vitals could be inputted into the app and the words from my trusted doctors would be used to analyze the data.

We're not too far off from this brave new medical world.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:09 AM

    “… most studies are crap.”
    That’s a big rub ainit good man. G I - G O, the common denominator of everything ever automated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A thought occurs. Perhaps not workable for many reasons, but why not give the user the ability to filter for certain physicians or other sources that they trust. Right or wrong, it would be up to the user to go find that good source that they trust, filtering out all the other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:55 AM

    That works in theory. Optimistically possible.
    If we sheeple are shown such an engine exists how much certainty have we that it isn’t rigged?
    Franknbean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:53 PM

    Rhonda is good on some things but since she was pushing the not-a-vax on pregnant women I lost most trust in her

    ReplyDelete
  5. Think when it comes to vaccines - I'd ask my AI to remove any doctor who did not sign the Great Barrington Declaration.

    Should also mention that Rhonda Patrick working with Tony Robbins rightly or wrongly gives me pause.

    ReplyDelete