Sunday, August 20, 2023

More Linky Links

More stuff I found interesting or amusing and thought I'd share.

- Noah Smith on economists and economic policy. Believe in industrial policy to a point but more in tune with reciprocity. If a country has free trade with us - we should have free trade with them. If they impose a tariff - we likewise impose a tariff.

- Jonathan Turley on advocacy journalism. Everything is biased and reflects the viewpoint.We tend to gravitate towards those which agree with ours but at the same time remember to "take nobody's word" for anything.

- American Bar Association considers crackdown on "disruptive conduct."  Simply make the next White House Council or head of the DOJ a member of FIRE and the message will be made.

- How to get more exercise without changing your normal routine. I've avoided elevators when I can since I heard Kirk Douglas explain its one of the things he does to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment