Stuff I found interesting or amusing and thought I'd share.
- Observations on the US government running GPS. Thought provoking.
- Drug discovery has no magic wand. Expecto pharmo!
- Jonathan Turley: Hunter Biden claims family is boke in defaulting on $17 million bill.
- Churchill Downs, NYRA to hold 3-year old series that does not include Preakness. Wait - what?
…as Stoller cocks his revolver and takes aim directly at his own foot: “The government runs the post office, vaccine development, and provisions medical care to hundreds of millions of people.” Could he have chosen three worse examples of expertise… or am I missing it; is his whole piece tongue-in-cheek?
ReplyDeleteSP RN
Simply put, the US Government has always run worldwide navigation systems either through USCG, Lighthouse and Revenue Services or NOAA. GPS was preceded by hyperbolic navigation systems that operated worldwide for free called Loran and Omega. Loran-C with ISS/Hyperfix was about as accurate as hyperbolic navigation got and rivaled early GPS before the constellation was completed.
ReplyDeleteThe GPS article did make me think but included in those thoughts was that the damn thing jumped around too much and if I were a teacher grading it the article it would have been completely marked up in red ink.
ReplyDelete