Monday, August 17, 2026

More Linky Links

More stuff I found interesting or amusing and thought I'd share.

- Jay Bhatthacharya on restoring trust in America's scientific institutions.

- Kevin Kelly: Without a theory of intelligence.

- Jennie Buss reportedly opposing family sale of Lakers ownership stake to Josh Kushner and Bob Iger.

- It takes two hands to handle a Whopper. You should have a local burger joint. 

4 comments:

  1. I hadn't been to a McDonald's in years. I ended up having a double quarter pounder with cheese. It was tasteless, as were the fries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only time I seem to go to McDonald's is for a breakfast sandwich or as a treat for my dog of a small fries (she loves them).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:54 PM

    Restoring trust for science , institutions and government is a futile request. Anyone that has paid any attention over the last few decades already know that they can trust in our creator, all others will need to be independently verified multiple times in many directions. Trust is for civil and moral societies. The current quasi-democratic, socialist, muslim supporters need not apply.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think restoring trust in science could be fairly simple. Just make not following the scientific method a fireable offense, do not institute any regulation not based upon replicable results, and make any study paid for with tax funds free and available to the public.

    ReplyDelete