Saturday, May 08, 2004

Miscellaneous Thoughts

Some miscellaneous thoughts as I digest a fine eggplant parm dinner...

I never learn. This morning I had Captain Crunch for breakfast and now the roof of my mouth is all tore up. Six months from now I'll have Captain Crunch for breakfast and again I'll ask why I never learn.. Barry Bonds is currently hitting .403. If Bonds does worse than 1 for 3 in his next game then he'll dip under .400 and then maybe the talk of him wiping Ted Williams from the record books will be gone for good (Bob Ryan jinxed him by writing about it today)... Locally - Coke is running a contest with the Red Sox. My two liter of Cherry Coke says, "Look under the cap - if cap includes 'Red Sox Road Trip' or 'Four Tix to Game' call number below for claim info. No purchase necessary." No purchase necessary? I must be missing something because to find out if you won - you have to take the cap off the bottle. So either there is some mistake or I can walk into the nearest store and open all the bottles of Coke with no legal reprecussions... Very interesting view on the Iraqi prison scandal... Two baseball related questions that I'll probably fall asleep thinking about tonight are 1.) what is the market for Carlos Delgado - who will bid for his services this off-season (will the Yankees make a bid even though they already have Giambi or will Delgado sign with the Jays) and 2.) is there a worse defensive outfielder in baseball than Juan Gonzalez?...

No comments:

Post a Comment