Sunday, April 11, 2004

Slice of Life

Last night before doing my Easter Bunny duties - I was watching the Red Sox / Blue Jays game with my wife. A promotional spot for NESN's pregame show came on and Jerry Remy said something like "the show will let you know the score before the game."

I turned to my wife and said, "I know what the score will be before the game." She replied, "So do I." We both laughed.

If you don't have kids and you don't get peppered with knock-knock jokes on long journeys then you might not get the joke about knowing the score before the game but just to fill you in on something every kid in my family knows - the score before every game is always zero/zero.

That one always gets the adults. Just like the joke, "where do the Russians keep their armies?"

The answer of course is "up their sleevies."

No comments:

Post a Comment