Sunday, April 18, 2004

Miscellaneous Thoughts

Just some observations while watching the Red Sox / Yankees....

When I first heard that Mark Bellhorn was going to miss the game because of a "sore elbow" - my first thought was that the coaches wanted an excuse to get more defense behind Derek Lowe and his sinkerball (not so much as for the defensive upgrade as for the psychological lift it would give to Lowe)... Jim Rice and Don Mattingly were both superstars. Jim Rice didn't workout as batting coach for the Red Sox - who is to say that Mattingly will be any more successful for the Yankees? Right now - the Yankees are last in the AL in batting average. Just sayin'.... I don't think that Matthew McConaughey would make a very good Dirk Pitt but I do think he would be right in the role of Robert Langdon (the hero of The Da Vinci Code).... "In baseball the object is to go home! And to be safe! - I hope I'll be safe at home!" - George Carlin... The Yankees were safe at home six times in the third inning... OK - enough of the game - time to do something productive...

No comments:

Post a Comment