Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Miscellaneous Thoughts

Just some observations while I watch the Braves / Giants and check the Internet...

JD Drew just hit a home run and the guy who got the ball outside the park threw it back. The thought occurred to me - what are the odds of a ball being thrown back like that conking Barry Bonds in the back of his massive head?... I can't believe that the Yankees scored 10 runs to beat the A's. They only had 10 hits. Derek Jeter went 0-3 so I think he's now up to 30 AB without a hit. Is it just me or would it be great if he went 0-50 and people started treating him as the bizarro Joe Dimaggio as he approached 56 AB without a hit?... JD Drew's real name is David Jonathan - which of course leads to the question, "Where the heck does the name JD come from?"... File this under WTF? John Lydon (aka Johnny Rotten of the Sex Pistols) wants Justin Timberlake to play him in the film version of Lydon's autobiography The only explanation I can come up with is that this is some sort of joke only people with properly tuned English humour (I even spelled it in the English manner) understand... Hey I signed up for GMail - send me something at chris.lynch@gmail.com....

No comments:

Post a Comment