Monday, March 26, 2007

Pavano to Start Opening Day?

I don't believe in omens but if I did - I'd have to say that for the Yankees having to use Carl Pavano as the Opening Day starter would be the equivalent of a black cat walking under a ladder to break a mirror.

If Pavano performs poorly (and he has had control issues this spring - 5.84 ERA and a 7 walks to 5 K's ratio) - then the booing could be unmerciless at Yankee Stadium. Pavano seems like a fragile type to begin with. I'm not sure why Joe Torre would put the added pressure of being the Opening Day starter on Pavano's shoulders. I guess maybe the idea is either he swims or he sinks and the earlier to find out - the better.

The Yankees always have problems with the Devil Rays and as a Red Sox fan I'm hoping this becomes a complete disaster of a start for Pavano and the Yankees. So let it be written - so let it be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment