Monday, March 26, 2007

Weekend Update

So now we have the Final Four in the NCAA Tournament. Even though I had picked three of the four correctly and have Ohio State winning it all in all of my brackets - I'm officially rooting for Georgetown to win the title. I had too many wrong early in March Madness to win any of my remaining pools (I'm 40 out of 60 for my picks) - so I'm just rooting for the Hoyas because of residual Big East loyalty and because they are the biggest underdog left - and I loves me dem underdogs.

I would also like to point out that our interview subject from a couple of weeks back - Carl Spackler - correctly picked the Georgetown over North Carolina upset.

As far as "for entertainment only" game-picking - its almost as if the past four days never existed. I went 2-4 on Thursday, 2-4 on Friday, 0-2 on Saturday and 2-2 yesterday. That's a grand total of 6 for 12 in picks (.500). The vig was worth the action though.

On Saturday night I stayed up to watch Peyton Manning on SNL and I admit that he was pretty funny. However, I couldn't help thinking that he was doing this after and maybe because Tom Brady did it and that Tom Brady did SNL in large part because his idol Joe Montana hosted the show. There has to be some envy on Manning's part - I mean he mentioned Tom Brady just minutes into the show (you never heard Tom Brady mention Manning when Tom Terrific did the show).

Just seven days till Opening Day and I'm really starting to get the baseball itch. I love the way March Madness will be segwaying right into baseball - both the NCAA championship game and Opening Day are next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment