Saturday, August 11, 2007

Baltimore Ravens

It seemed like Baltimore had a perfect storm of opportunity to get them to 13 wins last year. They had a pretty easy schedule last year, Pittsburgh and Cincy had off-years and they won some close games that may not go their way in 2007. In 2007 Bodog has their over/under for the Ravens at 9.5 wins. I wouldn't touch that bet (although - gun to my head - I'd take the over).

I'm not a fan of the Ravens. In fact - Ray Lewis and Brian Billick set my nerves on end. For some Ravens' fans it is the defense of Samari Rolle that is bothersome. Looking at their schedule - I could see them splitting the games versus the Bengals and Steelers. Against the Pats, Indy and Chargers - they will lose 2 of 3. I also see them losing 2 more games from the rest of their schedule. That puts them at 10-6 but I may be being optimistic.

I'm thinking that the success of the Ravens rests squarely on Steve McNair's shoulders. If McNair gets hurt for any length of time then the Ravens are done and will be lucky to have a .500 season. McNair may not put up great numbers but he knows how to win and that is one very valuable commodity in the NFL.

No comments:

Post a Comment