Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Linky Links

Stuff I found interesting or amusing and thought I'd share.

- NASA's Voyager 2 probe enters interstellar space. The second NASA probe to do this but still a tremendous accomplishment that should have garnered more attention than it did.

101-year old WWII vet credits his longevity to having a Coors Light every day. Coors hears of this and does the right thing.

- I was in Miami watching the Army/Navy game but this pre-game benediction brought tears to my eyes. Where do we find such men?

- Screw Nike. BTW - Nike's stock price is down about $7 since they announced the Kaepernick ad campaign.

- Godspeed former President George H.W. Bush from his Secret Service detail. Interesting - did not know his Secret Service code name was Timberwolf.

- Actor Philip Bosco has passed at age 88. I agree with Alan Sepinwall - my favorite role of his was as the bus driver (or "blufftony" driver if you like) in the movie Quick Change.

- Another story that was grossly under-reported was President Trump's progress in world trade at the recent G-20 meeting in Argentina.

No comments:

Post a Comment