Sunday, October 20, 2019

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

Congratulations to the Astros for making it to the World Series. And as a Red Sox fan I'd like to remind Yankees fans that Boston won the World Series last year... Glad to see the NBA not doing anything to prevent people from wearing Stand with Hong Kong t-shirts at their games. Let's hope these protests don't peter out... I've made this observations before but I see more Tulsi Gabbard signs when driving in New Hampshire than any other Democrat candidate. I fully expect her to finish in the top 3 in the NH primary... This is a good explanation for the basis for the hate Hillary Clinton seems to feel for Tulsi. A feeling I think is mutual...  The Athletic has become the daily sports fix I used to get from the Boston Globe Sports section decades ago. I didn't mind paying for the Globe all those years ago and I don't mind paying for The Athletic now...  Deep sea explorers have found the wreck of the Japanese carrier Kaga which was sunk during the Battle of Midway. Coincidentally there's a big Hollywood movie on Midway coming out next month. Midway was one of the most important battles in US history. Perhaps the best book on the battle is Shattered Sword which I recommend with the caveat that it is pretty dry and detailed history at times... This is so cool. I hope the people tip this busker to the max when they see him... "Hillary Clinton" a Haiku..

2 comments:

  1. Shattered Sword is a fantastic book. I hope Midway doesn't suck, but I don't have a lot of faith in Hollywood right now.

    Thank you for the video of the autistic girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a nice job by the grandma too. Guessing she also thought to video the interaction. That must have made the parents so happy.

    ReplyDelete