Sunday, April 05, 2020

Top 5 - Last Five Movies I've watched

Here's an odd Top 5 list - the last 5 movies I've watched (because with self-quarantining I'm watching more TV). Please note - these are in order of latest watched not a ranking.

1. Thor: Ragnarok - what a fun movie. I've re-watched most of the Marvel movies since this started and Ragnarok remains one of my favorites.

2. Molly's Game - watched this two nights ago. Thoroughly enjoyed it so much that I'm adding the book it's based off onto my book Wish List. Was surprised that the movie was directed by and the screenplay was written by Aaron Sorkin but I shouldn't have been surprised because the dialog was that good (going to have to re-watch to see if there's a walk and talk scene). BTW pretty sure that the douchebag actor Play X was Tobey Maguire in real life.

3. Magic & Bird - an HBO documentary that I've sen before but not for a couple of years. Big Larry Bird fan and watching this brings back so many great memories of those Celtics and Lakers teams of the 1980's. Really enjoyable documentary.

4. Team America: World Police - this sadly does not hold up for me. Maybe the third or fourth time seeing this and the jokes have lost their shock or maybe I've matured? 

5. John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum - had seen the first two movies in the theater but as big a fan I am of the franchise  the more it becomes a cartoon the less interest the franchise holds for me. Still was an enjoyable movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment