Stuff I found interesting or amusing and thought I'd share.
- Army Ranger School is a laboratory of human endurance. Long read but well worth it. This aside jumped out at me, "'That's why I carry a gun. The average human is only three missed meals away from becoming a savage.'"
- Apple likely planning 2020 iPhone SE assembly in Brazil. But if it is still being assembled by Foxconn it is really decoupling?
- The Short, Violent Oil War of 2020. Article is just a week old and may already be in need of an update. Just as an aside I think the US, Mexico and Canada should ban any imports of oil or natural gas as a way to insulate our economies from such future gamesmanship.
- Nixon Opened China. It's Time to Close It. Won't quibble over the historical reasons Nixon opened China but I do agree with this statement 100%, "It took decades to truly open China and it will take years to close them back off. But we should start now."
- Richard Branson's heart seems to be in the right place. (And the cynic in me acknowledges that Branson's PR instincts have always been strong.)
- "Cartels are scrambling:" Virus snarls global drug trade. Even the drug kingpins are looking to decouple from China.