Saturday, April 04, 2020
Top 5 - Changes We'll See After the Wuhan Virus
1. There will be a new Cold War but this time with China as the enemy. The trade war with China will force both a decoupling between the two nations but also a choosing of sides with other nations.
2. Social distancing and wearing masks (especially during flu season) will become the norm. No more handshakes or hi-fives. They will be replaced with the "nod of acknowledgement."
3. Globalism and any cause that relies on political correctness shaming will lose vast support. People have had a glimpse of what's behind the curtain and they didn't like what they saw. Little to no patience going forward for people who believe they have their own "truths" that need to be listened to. People who think they can "shame" others because their beliefs differ are going to become the new pariahs as it is made clear that these folks really have nothing positive to add to society.
4. The role of sports in society will be greatly lessened. We've learned that no March Madness, no Opening Day, or NBA, or NHL isn't the end of the world. Interest in watching games will be less and interest in attending games will nosedive as people begin to avoid crowds. Same will be true of anything that relies on crowds like concerts, movies, festivals, etc.
5. People will start moving out of the cities in droves. Part of the new "avoiding crowds" for health purposes. Subways, buses and other forms of public transportation will be viewed as breeding grounds for the plague. Life is short and not worth spending in crowded environments will be the siren song of people who refuse to be "fools for the city" as Foghat once put it.