Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

I find myself being profoundly grateful whenever I see one of those "Open" flags outside a business. Don't care what the business is - those flags just seem so important these days... Actual headline - Oyster flatulence worries climate scientists... A stranger asked me the other day, "Who did Nancy Pelosi have to sleep with to get into her position of power?" [He didn't say "sleep with."] Since I didn't respond the stranger continued, "I mean she's clearly not competent enough for the job." I simply responded, "I don't know"... Maybe the reason Michigan always seems to lose the "big games" is because they don't recruit or groom top QB's. There have only been 11 QB's from Michigan to play in the NFL - ever! And if you take away Tom Brady's 283 NFL starts (and counting) and 219 regular season wins (and counting) the other 10 Michigan NFL QB's started a total of 372 games and won just 183... "Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire...

No comments:

Post a Comment