Saturday, July 31, 2010

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

Wrap your mind around this - 95 percent of the US taxes we have now did not exist 100 years ago. I'd be willing to bet that many of the taxes were enacted for a specific purpose that no longer applies but the taxes still do... I'll admit that my first thought upon hearing that Dez Bryant was hurt at Cowboys training camp was, "I hope no veterans helped Bryant off the field." That's not what they are there for... First they took away Santa, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy. Now they are taking away my favorite childhood dinosaur? The dinosaur we call "triceratops" never existed... I have perfect confidence that Tom Brady and the Patriots will work out their contract issues. Perfect confidence... In fourteen-hundred and ninety-two Columbus sailed the ocean blue (and the Jews were expelled from Spain). It's funny the history you are not taught in school... Happy 45th birthday to JK Rowling. Your Harry Potter books have brought me and my family hours and hours of reading pleasure... With Al Gore (sexual assault) and John Kerry (tax evasion on a multi-million dollar yacht) both being in the news lately - aren't you glad that both failed to beat George W. Bush in 2000 and 2004?

No comments:

Post a Comment