Monday, March 18, 2019

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

John Wayne once said that every young man needs to let the badger loose every once in a while. On Saturday I let the badger loose in a big way. And I'm not a young man... Conor McGregor had a blast Saturday at the Bruins game... I know that stereotyping is bad but if I see the back of your car has 10 or more bumper stickers and two of them are for Coexist and Bernie Sanders - I'm going to go ahead and assume your home smells like cat piss... Heh Heh... According to Snapple Facts #117 - "The starfish is the only animal that can turn its stomach inside out." Obviously Snapple has never been out drinking on St. Patrick's Day weekend with some of my Irish friends... People don't seem to use the word "famished" anymore. Is that because people's vocabularies are getting smaller or because it's not OK to use a word that comes from "famine"? And speaking of famine - when's the last time you've heard about a famine in the news? Was Sally Strothers that successful at ending hunger or have things been improving in the world to the point where famines are so rare?... When Isaiah Thomas returns to the TD Garden tonight I expect him to get one of the biggest ovations from Boston fans that I've seen in my lifetime... 

No comments:

Post a Comment