Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

I 100% believe that if the Federal Government requires the economy to be shut down that the people responsible for making that decision should NOT be receiving a paycheck during the duration of that shutdown. I know most of the people in Congress are now millionaires but it bugs me to no end that these folks who are supposed to be representing us are still getting paid while 16 million Americans (and counting) have lost their jobs... Brit Hume's full name is Alexander Britton Hume. How come he just doesn't go by Al Hume?... The Hogwarts motto is Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus - "never tickle a sleeping dragon"... "Facing the press is more difficult than bathing a leper." - Mother Teresa. I'm sure President Trump could relate to that quote... I'm a glutton for punishment but I would love to watch a Jeopardy! showdown between CNN's Jim Acosta and Wolf Blitzer. I'd put the combined over/under for correct answers for the entire show at 5. I'd also bet that neither would qualify for Final Jeopardy because they would both be well into negative numbers...

No comments:

Post a Comment