Thursday, October 13, 2005

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

OK - that was a petty bad call last night. A game shouldn't turn on a call like that. I know a lot will be said and written about the play but all I'm going to say is now I'm officially rooting for the Angels to win this series... Name that celebrity ass!... I saw a headline that said "Michael Vick - In or Out?" and right away I knew they were asking if he would play on Sunday. However, if I saw a headline that said "Terrell Owens - In or Out?" - I'd have to read the article to see what they were talking about... This is just awful.
"Francisco dove for it at just about the exact time this young man was kicking the ball, and kicked the ball into Francisco's neck, throat area," said Wyman, who did not attend the game but received accounts of the play from coaches and game officials.

Valle-Victorino tried to stand up but collapsed, Wyman said. A game official administered first aid until emergency workers arrived. Valle-Victorino was taken to Caritas Medical Center and then transferred to Kosair.
Francisco did not make it to see another sunset. (HT Sports Frog)... Another thing I'm tired of is that Levi's commercial where the guy beats up a new pair of jeans to look like his ratty old favorite pair. Here's something to consider - maybe if this guy wasn't always wearing a ratty pair of jeans he could get a decent job where he could afford his own car or to travel by plane instead of by bus. I don't watch that commercial and say "Awww -he really loves those jeans" - I watch that commercial and think "that guy is such a loser."

No comments:

Post a Comment