Monday, October 10, 2005

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

Spent the weekend in Connecticut. Saturday at a regatta and Sunday at a Feis. A Feis is an Irish stepdancing competition and just for the record my daughters won four second-place finishes and four third-places... I can't explain how over-rated I think Michael Vick is. Sure he makes at least one highlight reel play per game but he also makes at least one big turnover per game plus he gets sacked so much (119 sacks in 47 games) that it negates the times he runs for first downs. Put it this way - Drew Bledsoe is a complete lead foot and people make fun of him for being sacked so much and yet for his career Bledsoe has averaged 2.33 sacks per game while Vick is at 2.53 per game. Bledsoe has also averages about 30 more yards in offense per game (passing plus rushing) than Vick... At the Feis, I was waiting in line with my two youngest to get them a drink. The woman behind me was obviously getting figetty and suddenly she jumped to the head of the line and said in a thick accent (German I think) that she needed to get two drinks quick because he girl was about to go on stage. I looked at her and said loudly enough for everyone to hear "anyone else feel the need to cut the line?" The woman didn't say anything she just quickly paid for her drinks and goosestepped away. The woman in front of me turned and said "Europeans - they have no ability to wait their turns. My husband is Eurpoean and he's always trying to jump the line. I don't know what it is." I don't now what it is either... Def Leppard is touring as the opening act for Bryan Adams. That's just not right. Even with a one-armed drummer, Def Leppard can rock Bryan Adams off the stage with one arm tied behind their backs...

No comments:

Post a Comment