Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Walk the Line



I agree with Johnny B. that is "one hella-sweet piece of poster artwork" but I disagree with him in regards to looking forward to this movie.

Yes Johnn B. has a point - Joaquin Phoenix doesn't look like Johnny Cash and I know that I'm going to watch the movie half expecting him to yell "Am I not merciful?" at any given point. However, this is a major motion picture about Johnny freakin' Cash!

Johnny B. and I may have misgivings about Joaquin Phoenix (not as an actor but as Cash) but Johnny Cash picked Joaquin Phoenix to play him in the film and that should be enough for anyone. I am curious to see Phoenix play the guitar and sing his own songs. I'm also curious to see Waylon Jennings' son Shooter play his dad in the movie.

Walk the Line opens on November 18th

No comments:

Post a Comment