Tuesday, January 09, 2007

BCS Championship Game Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous BCS Championship game thoughts and observations.

- Anyone know why Senator John McCain was there for the coin flip? I have to say that he looked old last night which I guess shouldn't be surprising since he is 71.

- Five-minutes into the game I found myself really wishing I took the over (47 points). When the over was in by half-time (34-14) - I really wished I had the over.

- Barry Alvarez really reminded me of the college football version of Kevin Kennedy. In no way is that a compliment.

- Ohio State fans and people who bet on Ohio State had to be wondering if they could recall anything going from fairy tale (the Ted Ginn TD kickoff to open the game) to complete shit (the rest of the game). The closest analogy I could come up was the Madonna / Sean Penn marriage.

- With the game quickly turned into a blow-out - I found myself channel surfing. I caught the end of Two and a Half Men, South Park (the Wal-Mart episode), Heroes, Barrett Jackson Auctions, NESN Sportsdesk, The Daily Show and the Colbert Report. I probably watched 5 minutes of the second half and none of the half-time show (I was afraid Fox would foist Emmitt Smith and Eddie George on us again - what was the deal with those two talking over the National Anthem?). I'm sure the folks at Fox will not be happy with the second-half ratings of this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment